This is indeed an AUGUST month with three long weekends coming up. Enough reason to pack your bags and head out for a relaxing and rejuvenating trip. Catch a break from the mundane and routine life and give your gadgets a break as well, except your SLR camera. Close to the city, yet afar, these five exotic travel destinations near Bangalore are worth a holiday.
- Camping in COORG*: Officially known as Kodagu, amidst misty mountains and green landscape, this Scotland of India has a lot to offer. Especially, if you like camping or want to give it a try, then, get your bookings done at Votecad Nature Camp. Tinkle the adventurer in you and try white water rafting and loads of other interesting and unconventional sports at this camp. If rain plays a spoilsport, there are multiple in-house activities that can be planned. And of course the authentic home cooked food is something that will keep getting you back. – Distance from Bangalore: Approximately 252 km
- Fishing in BHEEMESHWARI*: A tranquil abode, Bheemeshwari has abundance of natural beauty and is a nature lover’s paradise. When in Bheemeshwari try your hands on fishing. An engaging and De-stressing activity, you will end up fishing for more. Surrounded by lush green forests and picturesque hill tops, fishing here will be one of its kind experience. There are various fishing camps and you can book well in advance. When not fishing simply soak your feet in the serene river and experience tranquillity to attain calmness. And should you plan a night stay try local jungle lodges offering a unique jungle stay. – Distance from Bangalore: Approximately 100 km
- Spice & Coffee Plantations in WAYANAD*: Nestled in the mountains of Western Ghats, indulge in some coffee plantation tours in Wayanad. There are various luxury resorts in Wayanad offering spice and coffee plantation expeditions. Some of them are snuggled in rainforests, offering you a simply awesome experience. Other than plantation tours, you can have rainforest, wildlife and historical cave experience in Wayanad. To get rainforest and plantation experience in your resort itself, try getting your bookings made at Tranquil Resort, which offers you the best of both the worlds. They also have Tree Houses, so book early. – Distance from Bangalore: Approximately 278 km
- BANDIPUR Tiger Reserve*: Experience the best of flora and fauna at Bandipur Tiger Reserve. Here you can not only stay close to nature, but also site your favourite animals. Established as a Tiger Reserve in 1974, it is the first Biosphere Tiger Reserve of the country and chosen as the site for Project Tiger. Live in the Nilgiris at The Serai to experience luxury at its best. Seamlessly built to the forest around, it offers you quest in the most unexpected places. – Distance from Bangalore: Approximately 220 km
- Trekking in CHIKMAGALUR*: The coffee land of Karnataka has a lot more to offer than just extensive aromatic coffee estates. A trekker’s paradise, trekking to the highest peak of the region, Mullanyangiri, is the most sought after activity. At an altitude of 2000 metres (above sea level), experience a spectacular view of the Western Ghats as you trek to this highest peak. And of course indulge in the delicious Malanadu cuisine when in Chikmagalur. For delicious local cuisine and plantation experience plan your stay at the opulent ‘The Serai’. Inspired by coffee, stay amidst lush green plantations, sip home grown coffee and relax with a dip in your private pool room at the estate. – Distance from Bangalore: Approximately 243 km
With options aplenty near your city, it’s time to plan your long weekends, this August. There is something for the sports enthusiast, adventurer and nature lover. So, GET PACKING and make the most of this amazing August. AND DO NOT FORGET TO CAPTURE EVERY MOMENT OF YOUR TRIP.
HAPPY TRIPPING, AWESOME PEOPLE!!
***Note: Above locations have been recommended considering the proximity to Bangalore city. Also, the suggestions made with reference to the hotels/resorts are only suggestive based on the ratings found on relevant travel websites. The activities suggested as based on the experience of individuals who have contributed to this blog post and must be considered at your discretion. We at Puravankara cannot be held liable for any negative experience related to the above suggestions. Our objective is for you to always have a pleasant experience.