BBMP Property Tax Payment – An Ultimate Guide
Tax can be a complex subject and not always easy to understand. However, it’s crucial to have a basic understanding of it.
Today, let us decode Property Tax Bangalore for you, with step-by-step guidance!
Before we get into details, let us make you familiar with the term – BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) Property Tax.
What is BBMP Property and why is it paid?
BBMP Property Tax is a tax imposed by the municipal corporation of Bangalore on properties within its jurisdiction, which includes residential properties in bangalore, commercial, industrial, and vacant lands. The amount of tax is calculated based on several factors such as the type of property, its location, built-up area, age, and usage. Owners of the property are required to pay this tax annually. Payment can be made online or offline through the BBMP website or designated offices. Also, non-payment may result in penalty charges and legal action by the municipal corporation.
BBMP Tax Payment:
BBMP Property Tax Bangalore needs to be paid every year or every six months, depending on the payment plan chosen. The due dates for BBMP Tax Payments vary based on the payment plan selected. The tax period starts in April and ends in March of the following year.
How to Pay?
BBMP Tax Payment Online:
– Visit the BBMP website and click on the ‘Online Property Tax Payment’ link
– Enter your property identification details such as SAS base application number, old PID, new PID, or Khata number
– Verify the details and click on the ‘Submit’ button
– Check the property tax details displayed on the screen and click on the ‘Pay’ button
– Choose a payment method, such as debit card, credit card, net banking, or mobile wallet
– Enter the payment details and click on the ‘Pay Now’ button
– Save the payment confirmation receipt for future reference
That’s it! Your BBMP property online tax payment is complete.
BBMP Tax Payment Offline:
– Visit any of the designated BBMP offices in Bangalore
– Collect the property tax challan form from the office
– Fill in the required details such as property identification details, property address, and tax amount – Submit the filled-in challan form along with the cash or check payment to the counter
– The counter personnel will verify the details and provide you with a payment receipt
Alternatively, you can also pay your BBMP property tax offline by mailing a check or demand draft to the designated BBMP office. Make sure to mention the property identification details, property address, and tax amount in the payment instrument and include a self-addressed envelope for receiving the payment receipt.
– Go to the BBMP website and click on ‘Property Tax’
– Click on ‘Property Tax Payment History’ and enter your property identification details
– Click ‘Search’ and your payment history will appear, including the status of your most recent payment
Alternatively, contact the BBMP customer service helpline or visit a designated BBMP office in person and provide your property identification details to check the payment status.
Factors considered for BBMP property tax:
Location, size, usage, age/condition, amenities, rental value, floor level, and land value.
How to Get the PID Number?
In computing, a process identifier (PID) is a unique numeric identifier that is assigned to a process running on a system. Here are some ways to get the PID number of a process:
– Using Task Manager (Windows): Open Task Manager -> Find the process -> Right-click on it -> Go to Details -> Find PID number.
– Using the PS command (Unix/Linux): Open Terminal -> Type “ps aux | grep <process name>” -> Find PID number in the list
– Using the PID file (Unix/Linux): Check the directory where the process is running for a PID file -> Use the “cat” command to view the contents -> Find the PID number
– Using the getpid function (Programming): Use getpid function -> Get the PID number of the current process
Calculate your BBMP Property Tax
To determine how much property tax you owe to BBMP; you can use their online calculator. This tool considers various factors such as the size, value, and improvements made to your property to provide an accurate estimate of the amount owed. It’s the easiest and most efficient way to calculate your property tax.
BBMP uses two methods to calculate property tax. The civic body’s website also provides a property tax calculator that enables citizens to determine the amount they need to pay.
Annual Rental Value System: The gross yearly rent for a property is determined by BBMP and the tax is based on its expected value.
Capital Value System: The property tax is calculated based on the market value of the property, as determined by the stamp duty department of the region.
Unit Area System: BBMP mainly uses this system, which calculates the applicable tax by multiplying the property’s per unit price of carpet area by the carpet area.
Property tax formula:
Property tax (K) = (G-I)*20% + Cess (24% of property tax)
G = gross unit area value arrived by adding X, Y, & Z
I = G*H/100
H = percentage of the depreciation rate which depends on the age of the property
X = tenanted area of property * per square feet rate of property * 10 months
Y = the self-occupied area * per square feet rate of property * 10 months
Z = the vehicle parking area * per square feet rate of vehicle parking area * 10 months
The property tax rate in Bengaluru
It varies depending on the zone, type of property, and other factors. The BBMP revises the tax rates annually, so it’s best to check their website or contact their office to get the latest information. As a general guide, the current property tax rate in Bengaluru ranges from 0.05% to 0.2% of the property’s total value. However, certain exemptions and deductions may apply based on factors such as the property’s usage, age, and size.
How to get your BBMP Property Tax receipt?
You can obtain a BBMP property tax receipt by visiting the BBMP website and selecting the “Property Tax Payment Receipt” option under the “Services” section. Enter your property identification number (PID) and select the year for which you require the receipt. The receipt can be downloaded and printed for your records.
For more such information, visit our website!